Please share this exciting opportunity for High School, Undergraduate and Graduate Students (including Medical School)
EMPIRE STATE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
STUDENT RESEARCH POSTER COMPETITION GUIDELINES & APPLICATION
Applications must be submitted by November 30, 2016
The Empire State Medical Association (ESMA) is pleased to announce their 8th Annual Student Research Poster Competition. Each year, ESMA holds this competition to create an environment for high school, undergraduate and graduate students to share ideas and research findings. The posters are evaluated by a committee comprised of ESMA members and are judged on the basis of quality, significance to the field, thoroughness, and clarity of presentation.
The Empire State Medical Association is the New York affiliate of The National Medical Association (NMA) which promotes the collective interests of physicians and patients of African descent. NMA is committed to improving the quality of health among minorities and disadvantaged people through its membership, professional development, community health education, advocacy, research and partnerships with federal and private agencies.
- The competitor must be a student enrolled in a high school, college, university or medical school at the time the research was undertaken and completed.
- The competitor must have completed original research. The competitor’s Research Advisor must be able to attest that the competitor’s work is original research of the type that is characteristic of the field.
- The competitor must be listed as first or second author of the paper from which the poster is presented.
- The competitor must attend the poster presentation and judging sessions during the conference on Saturday, December 17, 2016 in New York City, NY.
- The competitor must be of African/Latin descent.
Scholarships Awarded to Winners in Each Category
High School, Undergraduate and Graduate/Medical School